Today, I am here with an awesome guest post for Jelsa Mepsey’s Picture Imperfect blog tour as hosted by Chapter by Chapter.
Publisher: Swoon Romance
Publication date: September 22, 2015
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
Sixteen-year-old Max Prescott knows all too well the joys of cheating girlfriends and traitorous friends. He’s not eager to have his heart trampled again, but money and a fresh start can mean the difference between happiness and a dark path with his name on it.
So when Melly Hewson, a perky and enigmatic classmate, asks him to be her model for a year-long photography project, Max agrees. Melly Hewson is everything Max isn’t. She’s outgoing, witty and always knows the right words to say. And despite his best efforts, Max finds himself drawn to her.
Still, he isn’t stupid. He knows a girl like Melly will only use him and then never speak to him again. Besides, he’s been to that rodeo. As long as he keeps his feelings off the market, he won’t make the same mistakes as last time.
Yet underneath Melly’s sweet smiles lies a secret she’d rather kept hidden. And as the year goes on and the photos pile up, Max and Melly will find themselves developing through the negatives, a story that when told could push them to opposite ends of their world. But the only thing worst than the truth is, the facade that surrounds them.
Top 10 “Happy Feely” songs
The world needs more of these, so for those of you looking for new music, here’s some from my playlist!
- Catch Me by Demi Lovato – I queued this when my boyfriend and I went to karaoke with some friends and surprised him when it came on. I’ve always loved the story in this song!
- Swing Life Away by Rise Against – My boyfriend played this for me earlier on in our relationship and I fell in love with the melody. The original intent was not a romantic one, apparently, but it’s still a great song.
- Opposites Attract (original song) – I wrote this song for my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend and he thought I should include it in this list.
- Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade – I know I have a lot of playlist posts from him already, but I really love his music! I covered this song once for a video years ago.
- Hero/Heroine by Boys Like Girls – The melody and lyrics in this song work together very nicely, and are very memorable.
- Wouldn’t Change a Thing by Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas – This is a sweet song about a couple that has differences but works them out not by denying that they exist, but by accepting them and each other.
- Hello by Hawk Nelson – I love how nervous the narrator is throughout the song and how relatable the lyrics are.
- Your Call by Secondhand Serenade – A sweet love song with a lyrical melody.
- Can’t Stop Loving You by Phil Collins – Both the story and the chord progressions in this song have a unique flavor.
- SnowFlake by Jason Chen – A cute holiday song about a long distance relationship. I love the symbolism behind the song’s subject matter and song title!
Hope you guys found some new music to enjoy. I’d love to hear about any other songs you enjoy as well!