Hello everyone!! I’m here today with my May wrap up. This is the first time I’m doing a “mixed” wrap up, so I hope you enjoy. This is quite a long post, so grab some popcorn and read on!!
Books I Read
May was quite a busy month, I didn’t read at all the first two weeks due to midterms. However, I did push myself towards the end of May to read a few books before the finals rush started.
- It Ends With Us – Colleen Hoover (4.5/5)
- The Crown – Kiera Cass (3.5/5)
- Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis – Robert Putnam (4/5)
- The Problem With Forever – Jennifer L. Armentrout (2.5/5)
- Wanderlost – Jen Malone (4/5)
Haul Haul Haul
This is the part where I run away in shame. In the month of May, I have collected 26 books. Yes, I know, the ratio between my read: books collected is not doing so well, but I promise I have a huge reading goal for this summer (which starts for me in June). I will conquer all of these books one day. Just in case you were wondering, this haul is a mix of both books I received, as well as books I bought. There were so many great releases this month, I actually bought quite a few of them! Huge thanks to Harper Collins, Disney Hyperion, Simon & Schuster, Candlewick Press, FairyLoot and Bloomsbury Publishing for some of these books.
Advance Reader Copies
- How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes (June 14, 2016) – Goodreads
- What Happens Now by Jennifer Castle (June 7, 2016) – Goodreads
- Unplugged by Donna Freitas (June 1, 2016) – Goodreads
- Ivory & Bone by Julie Eshbaugh (June 7, 2016) – Goodreads
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (July 5, 2016) – Goodreads
- The Light Fantastic by Sarah Combs (September 13, 2016) – Goodreads
- The Cresswell Plot by Eliza Wass (June 7, 2016) – Goodreads
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGuiss (September 20, 2016) – Goodreads
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover (August 2, 2016) – Goodreads
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen (Vintage Classics)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Penguin Classics)
- Mystic Summer by Hannah McKinnon
- A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J Maas – Goodreads // Amazon
- The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell – Goodreads // Amazon
- Ruined by Amy Tintera – Goodreads // Amazon
- Whisper to Me by Nick Lake – Goodreads // Amazon
- The Crown by Kiera Cass – Goodreads // Amazon
- The Bricks That Built The Houses by Katie Tempest – Goodreads // Amazon
- The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Goodreads // Amazon
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – Goodreads // Amazon
- Summer Days + Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories by Various authors, ed. by Stephanie Perkins – Goodreads // Amazon
- Unrivaled by Alyson Noel – Goodreads // Amazon
- Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch – Goodreads // Amazon
- Sing by Vivi Greene – Goodreads // Amazon
- The Last Boy + Girl In the World by Siobhan Vivian – Goodreads // Amazon
On the Blog
- Blog Tour: The Only Thing Worse Than Me is You
- Blog Tour: Summer Days & Summer Nights
- Book Review: When We Collided
- Book Review: The Unexpected Everything
- Summer 2016 Reading Goals
- Unboxing: May FairyLoot
- Book Review: The Crown
random highlights from @myriadinklings
random bookish + non-bookish faves
- Celine (@celinereads)
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know all about it, but if you don’t know, Celine is literally my bookstagram twin. We have so much in common and I think she’s quite the bomb.com.
We have done a few read-alongs and watch-alongs together and it’s always so fun!!
2. Pura Vida Bracelets
I was kindly sent a few bracelets from Pura Vida Bracelets and I am absolutely in love!! I have been wearing them every day. They are really the cherry on top of every outfit and the pastels look great for the summer. If you want to get some too, you can use my code “MYRIADINKLINGS20” for 20% off your purchase. (I don’t make money off this code, it’s just a perk for my followers.
3. ♪♪ Where My Love Goes – Lawson ♪♪
If you haven’t seen this video, you HAVE to. This literally made me cry and it is such a sweet video. The song is great too… just watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xwr7Jw-dqM
Well, that’s it for May! Thank you for reading this extremely long post. I hope you enjoyed it, I told myself I would get into writing wrap up posts again. With summer just around the corner, I sure hope that I will be able to keep up!