June was quite a good reading month for me. In total, I read 20 books. Some of the books I read were library books/ ebooks so I didn’t include them in the picture. (I totally just forgot about adding The Heir to the list).
1. This One Summer, 2/5 ⭐️
2. Me and Earl and The Dying Girl, 2/5 ⭐️
3. Broken Hearts, Fences & Other Things To Mend, 3.5/5 ⭐️
4. Magonia, 4/5 ⭐
5. Love Fortunes & Other Disasters, 4/5⭐️
6. Attachments, 3/5⭐️
7. Isla & the Happily Ever After, 4.5/5⭐️
8. Ugly Love, 5/5⭐️
9. The Distance Between Us, 2.5/5⭐️
10. The Knife of Never Letting Go, 4/5⭐️
11. Why We Broke Up, 3.5/5⭐️
12. Grey, 3/5⭐️
13. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, 4.5/5⭐️
14. P.S. I Still Love You, 4.5/5⭐️
15. Another Day, 4.5/5⭐️
16. Revenge, Ice Cream & other Things Best Served Cold 3.5/5⭐️
17. Just One Day, 5/5⭐️
18. Just One Year, 4.5/5⭐️
19. Just One Night, 5/5⭐️
20. The Heir 3.5/5 ⭐️
I’m still working on getting reviews up for the last 5 books I read this month, but they will all be coming soon! I didn’t quite make my goal of 25 books, but I hope that by next month, I’ll be caught up with my goodreads challenge (currently 11 books behind schedule).
I did have a few books I was not able to finish this month as well.
1. 1Q84: I’ve been working on this book since May, it’s just a very rich and dense read so I like to take my time. I finished “book 1” of this novel. So technically I did finish one book, but I own the bind up version so I didn’t count it as a separate book. I hope to finish book 2 next month!
2. All The Light We Cannot See: I got about 50 pages into this book, it’s very interesting so far. I was just in a contemporary mood so I put this down to read something else. I hope to finish this in July or August.
3. The Rosie Effect: I was hoping this would be my last read of June, but unfortunately I could not finish it. I’m almost half way through, and it’s just very slow paced so far. I’m not liking it as much as I thought I would. It kinda drove me into a reading slump actually. I’m putting it down for now, but I hope to finish it in July!
Overall, I’m proud of my progress. I don’t think I’ve ever read this many books in a month before, I hope to do even better next month. Summer school starts for me at the end of July (on my birthday actually 😦 ) so I’m going to go on a reading frenzy and drive myself into a reading slump so I won’t be too distracted during summer school with books.
Thanks for joining me today! How did your June reading go?